Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
All LEO rounds:
Winchester offers a 9mm +P+ standard jhp,
Federal offers the Hydrashock 9mm 147gr +P+.
Remington also manufactures a carbine load using the 147gr golden saber in a +P+ pressure level it is not sold as +P+ but velocity from the 11" XM4 barrel averages 1,100 fps.

Corbon, Triton, and Pro Load are the only manufacturers that I know of that sell a 9mm 147gr +P loading for the non-LEO market.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Georgia Arms also manufactures a +P 147gr round using the Gold Dot bullet, and it's just the ticket where overpenetration and underexpansion are required :wink: .

·
Registered
47 Posts
1100 fps out of an 11" barrel doesn't sound like +P to me. The 147s in the Canadian tests were getting about that in the MP5s.

I haven't seen ProLoad advertise their 147 as a +P, Georgia Arms does, but they also have +P .40 S&W....

And I thought Corbon discontinued their hot 147's.

The best way to get 147's to high velocities is to handload with Vihta Vuouri powder. The N105 is prolly the best for this, although the data for it isn't out yet for 9X19 (just 9X21).

-Morgan

·
Registered
253 Posts
Georgia Arms also sells a Gold Dot 45ACP 230 gr +P. However they advertise the FPS at 850. That is standard loading. +P should run at least 75 FPS over that. But the price is good.

·
Registered
403 Posts
CastleBravo,

I think they may be a bit more than confused. I seem to remember reading on the GlockTalk forum that they dont exactly have a love affair going with SAMMI specs.

G

·
To clarify, the spec was originally written for a heavily suppressed 9mm platform, the XM integrated does have mediocre velocity due to the series of vents/ports along the barrel in the integrated suppressor the design completely blocks all muzzle flash and almost all of the gases.
The actual unvented barrel length is about 5" in rough numbers.

1,100fps from a stock G34 with plain retail box Federal 147 is very good, the best I have clocked has been 1,030fps at what altitude are you getting that velocity?

The Federal 147gr +P+ averages 1,240fps from my G34.

I believe that the Glock rifling is able to increase velocities by as much as 10% depending on the chamber cut in your barrel, some are higher and some are lower.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Power Max makes a Gold Dot 147 that averaged 1110 fps out of a Hi Power for a 10 rnd average-no pressure signs.

G

·
Federal 124gr +P+ Hydra Shock and Winchester 127gr +P+ Ranger SXT and Ranger T.

FWIW, Winchester also makes a restricted 160gr jhp subsonic load for carbine use only.

IMI has offered a subsonic and max pressure 158gr FMJ and JHP rounds since 1987.

I believe my responses were worded correctly as he asked for info above/greater than 127gr weight 9mm bullets...??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the info guys...as I suspected, not much available in that load. As far as .40S&W loads go, there is NO such thing as +p or +p+ .40S&W. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong. Georgia Arms does advertise theirs as +p, but in reality it is a normal .40 load that is just loaded a little closer to the maximum SAAMI tolerance.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Georgia Arms put +P on EVERYTHING. Maybe they overload some stuff, maybe it's just advertising. Who knows.

The Chrono numbers I've seen on the 9mm shows that ProLoads are a good deal slower than Speer's, around 100fps slower if I recall correctly (don't have the link available at the moment). Perhaps ProLoads just don't like P7's? Every other review I've seen of them says they're accurate, and consistent.

GA DOES advertise a 147gr velocity of 1050fps though.

-Morgan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.