Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help, I'm new to the group and need to sell a gun that was gifted a few years ago. It's a custom 1911; unfortunately, my son is in need of selling. To my knowledge, it was never fired. Please see pictures and point me in the right direction. Many thanks. Pictures to come.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Help, I'm new to the group and need to sell a gun that was gifted a few years ago. It's a custom 1911; unfortunately, my son is in need of selling. To my knowledge, it was never fired. Please see pictures and point me in the right direction. Many thanks. Pictures to come.
We would tell you what we see in the pics of there were any.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
The best way of selling a firearm when you don't know the market value is to sell it on a gun auction.
There the market decides what it's worth.

The best site to sell it is Gunbroker.com. That's the biggest online gun auction site of all.

http://www.gunbroker.com/

The worst way to sell is to sell to a gun dealer. They have to make a profit and typically will offer far less then it's worth.

One option IF you have a price in mind is to put it on consignment at a gun shop that offers the service.
They sell the gun with an added profit for them and give you whatever you asked for, if it sells.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Over the most recent couple of years, USPSA has included two new divisions, one of which I believe is doltish and one of which I believe is entirely cool. The cool one is Pistol Caliber Carbine, and the stupid one is Carry Optics; we can discuss Carry Optics later. Today we're discussing PCC and why I anticipate shooting it for the greater part of one year from now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
and the stupid one is Carry Optics
And yet they managed to hold a Carry optics nationals that was well attended. So "stupid" that IDPA will be instituting a Optics Div in 2018?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts