Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright all of you 1911 ologists out there.

I need a little input.

I retail the Custom 1911 and Production 1911 and have noticed an increased interest in the various .356 plus or minus .001 calibers. (i.e. 9mm, 38 super, 9x23 etc.) For whatever reason: Capacity, cost, or just plain fun.

I have been shooting a 1911 in 9mm lately and have had very good results not to mention less ammunition costs and increased capacity of one or two round depending on magazines. I use the 9mm NATO or standard velocity 124 grain loads.

I have been using the McCormick 38 super mags and have yet to have a problem other than getting the 10th round in the magazine until the magazine spring sets.

My experience with the 9mm bullet in the Wilson 38 super mags had one or two FTF's with the short 115 truncated nose style bullets such as the ones Corbon uses not the 115's such as the 115 Remington, Federal or Gold Dot hollow points.

My question to all who may have had the same or similar urge is:

What are your experiences and or recommendations with the 9mm, 38 super and 9X23 magazines and their interchangability considering the few magazines amd makers available for those calibers in the 1911 style gun?????

Thank you for your input.

Do your research but you get what you pay for front end or back end.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Terry Peters on 2001-09-03 11:41 ]</font>

·
Registered
431 Posts
I used to use a 9x23 Colt for ESP division IDPA, and had great luck using Colt 10mm magazines- literally never had one jam or misfeed. .38 Super Wilson magazines worked fine too, but I tended to use the 10mm magazines most often.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I use Wilson 38 super Mags for my 9x23 and supers,largo, and 38acp. For my 9mm I use the original colt clips. If I load them long I can use the super mags.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.