Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think about the stainless small frame colt in 40 s&w? I've been offered one for 675, shot only a few times, the guy didn't like it and bought a 45. What about parts interchangability? Are the mags easily available? any help appreciated. thanks kyle

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I'm not sure what you are talking about. "Small frame" Colt? Do you mean a Commander or Officers model? When was it made? Got a picture? Your post is kind of confusing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CastleBravo on 2001-09-21 14:20 ]</font>

·
Registered
80 Posts
I do not recall an Officers Model being offered in .40 S&W. This may be a custom version. I know Colts are going for a premium these days, you may want to look into this more, IMO $675 is a little pricey for a used Colt and I would not pay that, when a Para or Kimber can be found, and I have seen them, for around that price or a little more new.

77Bronc

·
Registered
378 Posts
I know they made the Defender in .40, I don't think they worked well, and that IS a high price for one (new was like 550ish IIRC)

Some say the 10mm mags work, but yo're not likely to find a lot of them either. Metalform probably does make some though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.