1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
What happened?

·
Registered
113 Posts
David, let me know what you hear about the 1911 Forum. Also, email me on the side, we're trying to get some guys together here in Austin to do some range shooting if you're interested.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have an email in to see if I can find out... Funny, being an Admin there doesn't keep me in the loop, but that's cool...

When I hear something, I will try to post it here...

The Home page simply says
1911Forum down until further notice

Members,
I regret to announce that the 1911Forum forums will be down until further notice. Please check this homepage for further information.

Thanks,
-Jason
I am guessing that there's an upgrade happening... I know that the Database that maintains the messages has gotten pretty big. I haven't spent a lot of time lately, but have checked in over the last couple weeks, and can't imagine anything else is happening, but I just don't know... We'll have to wait an see...

It will truly be missed by many... There's a 'Treasure Trove' of Information there for people who have an interest in the 1911.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Over on TFL, Son said it would be back up in a few days. Maybe the server died or was about to.

·
Registered
209 Posts
On 2001-06-19 11:12, John Forsyth wrote:
Over on TFL, Son said it would be back up in a few days. Maybe the server died or was about to.
Well... Obviously, the server didn't die, or else, the 'Down Notice' wouldn't be getting out. I didn't notice it running slow yesterday, but then, like I said, I know the DB is getting large, and possibly, it may require an upgrade, the kind that usually requires $$$$ to move to another system that can handle more 'requests'

Guess we'll find out in time...

Until then, it'll be a little sad... There's many new people there who I have not noticed on any other board, and they may not find their way someplace where they can get the info they need until it comes back up.

There's a lot of good people that hang out there, and many who help keep things running smoothly... While we all have different reasons for being there, I think most of us would agree, helping the newbies out ranks pretty high.

Anyway....

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
On 2001-06-19 11:22, jaydee wrote:
While we all have different reasons for being there, I think most of us would agree, helping the newbies out ranks pretty high.

Anyway....
Nah, I just like having two places to call home. I'm very insecure. :wink:

·
Registered
12 Posts
hee hee hee...I see you guys everywhere I go!!! Real strange.....TFL was down, PSC was down, and 1911 was down.....What are those nasti American anti-gun guys up to anyways??? Seems kinda wierd today. I was up with the crows, and was totally lost when I couldn't get in any of my hangouts.....LOL

·
Registered
113 Posts
Searcher--I'm always lurking around here somewhere. Just goes to show.... they'll let anyone with a 1911 in the front door, eh? BTW, I heard the one person responsible for putting down both forums in the past 48 hours was Hillary Clinton.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.