Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here goes with my first official post . I have owned and shot 1911's for around 23 years starting with Colts [Governments , Officers , Gold Cups and Combat Elites] and finally seeing the light and switching to Springfields [Governments , Champions and Trophy Match's]. About 4 weeks ago I decided that I would sell off the last of my 1911's and stick with my Glocks and Sig's for the little shooting I do anymore . Well , that lasted about 4 weeks . I want to pick up another 1911 and it will be either a Springfield TRP or a Parkerized Loaded model . I will install a Wilson lightweight stainless hammer , Deluxe sear , Bullet Proof extractor/firing pin/firing pin stop , Videki speed trigger and Wollf spring kit [the usual tuneup I do with a new gun]. My question is which gun should I get ? Is the Armory coat on the TRP any good ? I dont want something that wears easily like the Wilson Armor Tuff . For this reason I was leaning toward the Parkerized model [I usually have Metaloy hard chrome applied but I want a dark gun this time] and I dont want to hassle with sending it out to get refinished . Are there any other features beside the extended magwell and checkering that the TRP has over the parkerized ? Also what mags are considered the best now ? I have always used Shooting Star 8 rounders and have had no trouble but I just want to set up 1 more 1911 and do it right the first time . Thanks , Mike...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mike,

I'm now using the loaded parkerized Springfield and I'm well pleased. The only changes I have made are a CMC thumb safety, a CMC one-piece FLGR, a 17.5# Wolff recoil spring, and a set of Gunsite logo grips. As to magazines, the Springfield 7-rounders are working fine but I've gone to 8-round CMC Powermags for carry.

Mark in Memphis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.