Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a gunshop today at lunch and they had 2 1964 colt 5" 1911s NIB with brown plastic grips and all. One was in 38 super and the other was .45

The .45 was being sold at $950.00 I think and the .38 super with wooden box was at $1200.00.

Let me know if you guys are interested in them, I dont know if they are over priced but I can give you the address and phone number in E-mail.

[email protected]

P.S. I should say AS NEW since they were owned but the guy there said they were unfired and come with the original box.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EIGHTYDUECE on 2001-11-01 23:12 ]</font>

·
Registered
176 Posts
That`s a VG price for an early `60`s Colt 1911 in .45 if it is NIB with the Docs., _and_ is unaltered in any way.

The .38 Super seems to be cheap too.

Too bad I have to pay Dane for a DBC coming anyday now :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blackjack on 2001-11-02 18:11 ]</font>

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try and go check them out again tomorrow and look really close. The tags said as-new. I noticed no aftermarket parts at all and the bluing and grips were perfect.

The .38 had papers it was sitting on in the open box, I didnt see the papers for the .45, but that doesnt mean it didnt have any. I'll check them again. The person there said they were from the same old man so the wood box could have had papers for both guns in it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.