Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
20 year old sig p226 i wont to modify
I'm looking at a Sig that's been factory re-conditioned that I would like to try my hand at doing a complete modification such as polish the parts and replace all the springs. In other words i would like to see if i could make a competition gun out of it.

My questions are: Is the internal parts and the way its made inside still the same as the modern ones of today? If not, will it still take all the modern spring kits, SRT Trigger if it don't have one and other things for me to modify it up to a modern gun.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
SIG Factory does this

A CPO P226 by the SIG factory has already had all internal springs and parts replaced that are needed. The factory replaced those parts with modern parts which is all they have. The internal parts have not changed that much. That pistol shown has the modern stainless steel slide.

For the above reason I do not quite understand what you would like to do. If you replace the Hammer strut for instance, the strut you take out of the pistol will be a much better part than the one you replace it with. Look at it and you will see.

A 20 year old pistol will have a serial number similar to this one: U491-659-KD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for your reply. I will see what i have when i receive it. sounds like your are very Knowledgeable of sig and guns in general and your advice is good and makes sense
thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts