Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I/we are in the process of setting up the 2002 Colorado State IDPA match. With the lack of feedback/response from IDPA, it looks as if we might not seek sanctioning from Berryville. Pitty. With the staff changes in Berryville, I wonder if anyone is running the show at all.

After being the match director for both the IPSC and IDPA state matches this year, I figure by mid May, I will be drinking again.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tom,
I would be very interested in attending a CO state IDPA match.

Maybe it would encourage people to join IPDA, and then get classified.

Where are you considering having the match? CO Springs or Idaho Springs? I'm a member of one but not the other.

Bwana

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bwana on 2001-11-08 11:53 ]</font>

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both the 2002 IPSC and IDPA State matches will be in Pueblo at the PWSA Range.

The IPSC club will, gasp, host the IDPA match and provide all the props for the match. Dont tell anyone that the IPSC and IDPA clubs in Colorado get along. IPSC has a reputation after all.

8-10 stages, one surprise stage and maybe one defensive rifle and shotgun side match. Concealment optional at this point.

No firm dates as of yet. Looking to early Sept so we don’t conflict with my hunting. I am a selfish bastard, I know.

Stewart, don’t tempt me. I spent the last few weeks smoking Cuban cigars and lusting for a beer and some Cabo Wabo. Maybe it was just the prop lag talking. Now if only I can stop waking up at 1:00AM.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like I haven’t a clue whats going on with IDPA and Front Range IDPA.

When those two organizations work their problems/differences out, I will be able to host the match. Till then, it would appear to be on hold.

I don’t want to go the effort of setting up a big match only to have 15 people show up because it wasn’t a sanctioned match.

As soon as someone pulls their head out, I will let you know.

Monthly IPSC and IDPA matches will continue at Pueblo next month.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL. Nice try dude. Last tongue in cheek comment I made about that got me and another shooter who posts here 86'ed from a range I/we had never even been to.

And yes.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
322 Posts
Our club is in the same planning process for the '02 Washington State Championship, and I think Berryville has been adequately responsive. We've been dragging our heels a little bit in submitting our CoF's, but they've alreay posted us as an upcoming major match. The one headache that they may have caused us is Safety Officer certification. We were hoping to have a class here in early November, but it's not going to happen until Spring, and they won't sanction the match without certified SO's.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like the problem is on our end. I hope we get it worked out.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
274 Posts
On 2001-11-27 12:52, RickB wrote:
Our club is in the same planning process for the '02 Washington State Championship, and I think Berryville has been adequately responsive...The one headache that they may have caused us is Safety Officer Certification. We were hoping to have a class here in early November, but it's not going to happen until Spring, and they won't sanction the match without certified SO's.
From the Green IDPA Rule Book, 5-2-01,

Affiliated clubs within each state may wish to host an IDPA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP match. Any club who wishes to do so must notify IDPA headquarters of their plans and request the match be sanctioned, get their CoF approved and agree to run their championship strictly by the IDPA Rule Book. Sanctioned Championship matches MUST accommodate a MINIMUM of 75 competitors. IDPA headquarters will sanction one state championship match in each state per calendar year and help you promote these championships. The annual fee for IDPA ‘Sanction’ of a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP match is: $50.00. All Sanctioned matches will be listed on the IDPA web site and in the TACTICAL JOURNAL after the CoF has been approved, and the sanction request form and fee is received by IDPA HQ.
Also, per the Championship Sanction Form,
Additionally, the Match Director shall have taken a Safety Officer class from an IDPA approved SO instructor and/or have officiated at any of the national championships. All Safety Officers who will be working this match must have previously worked club matches and have all viewed the video: "How to run a match".
I agree to submit the match CoF with both written procedure and target location diagrams to HQ no later than 60 days prior to the match for review and approval. Match sanction will not be issued until the CoF has been approved.
I understand that failure to comply with the above requirements will result in match sanctioning being revoked and that the organizers will not be allowed to host sanctioned matches in the future.
OK, RickB, it looks like your big hurdle is to have the Match Director take the SO course, unless he has been an SO at one of the Nationals. All your other SO's will need to watch the video "How to run a match" as supplied by IDPA HQ. Your club contact as listed at the IDPA website should have gotten the tape along with the new green rule books. If your club does not have the video, call Dru at HQ, and they will send you one.

I would contact your AC. It is his/her job to help you with this.

I would be more than happy to help, if I can, I am the IDPA AC for middle/east TN and KY.

"And by the way, Mr. Speaker, The Second Amendment is not for killing ducks .... It is for hunting politicians like (in) Grozney and in 1776, when they take your independence away". Robert K. Dornen, U.S. Congressman. 1995

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: John Forsyth on 2001-11-27 17:40 ]</font>

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thanks, John. I'm the club Prez and Match Director. Dru has been very helpful, but the SO thing has become a headache. Dane offered to do the instructing, but Berryville said no. Then, it took two or three months to get a list of people who could do it (none closer than Cali), and now the weather has gone south. We'll get it done, but it is definitely taking a lot of . . . cooperation.
Tom, are you guys planning any night shooting? One of our guys went to the Montana state match a couple of months ago, and the first "day" of shooting started at 8:00 PM!

·
Registered
274 Posts
RickB, as far as I can tell, you are the only one who has to take the course. I am on the list of approved people who can do the certification, but I am in Tennessee. If business travel gets me out your way, I will look you up and we will take care of the matter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
RickB, I'm the IDPA Area Coordinator for Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, and Utah. I'd be happy to teach a CSO class for you folks, and I'm probably a little closer than the AC in California. Let me know what I can do to help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Greg Rabatin on 2001-11-30 12:52 ]</font>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.