Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advice from gunsmiths with DA smithing experience. I have a Sig 226 that is very accurate and reliable, however, I can't seem to get used to the trigger reset. While firing Glocks and Berettas, there is little or no takeup after the trigger resets. On my 226 it seems that there is quite a bit of takeup after the reset. Is there anything that can be done to eliminate this takeup? Or, is it impossible due to sear, hammer and trigger bar design. Thank you very much for any help.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I can give you some advice as I have done so many sig pistols. The sig factory has just come out with a stronger trigger return spring. The problem is that it will not work with your grips they would have to be inletted to accommodate the thicker spring or replacement grips might be available thru the factory. Call Mike Guarnieri the gunsmith at the sig factory he is super smart and so is mike coulp the other factory gunsmith. I just wrote a very long article about the sig pistols for american gunsmith magazine that will show a photo of both the old and the new trigger return spring. I will not mention any names but I have seen TOP RATED GUNSMITHS in america install the trigger return spring in wrong, and that could cost you your life.

Teddy Jacobson / pistolsmith
http://www.actionsbyt.com
281 277 4008
[email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.