Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
I believe you can ordera 9mm barrel for a .40 or vice versa and it should drop in, BUT - the extractor needs to be changed out for it to be 100% reliable. I think you are fine popping some rounds off at the range but I wouldn't bet my life on it as a carry conversion. I could be wrong. Glock top ends you can swap at will, but the extractors need to be swapped out for a 9 to 40 or 40 to 9 change. .357 to 40 or 40 to .357 you are good to go.

Try http://www.glockmeister.com for info on the glock process

Jake

·
Registered
12 Posts
On 2001-09-25 10:51, Jake Salyards wrote:
I believe you can ordera 9mm barrel for a .40 or vice versa and it should drop in, BUT - the extractor needs to be changed out for it to be 100% reliable.
This is inaccurate. As previously mentioned, a 239 chambered in 9mm shall remain that forever. The .40 S&W and .357 Sig barrels are swappable, however. I haven't heard of anyone manufacturing a 9mm mod for a .40/.357s 239 or vice versa, but I imagine it's not such a wise idea. I doubt the dimensions of the 9 would even allow a new barrel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The frame/slide is different for the P239 9MM model and the .357/.40 model.

For some unknown reason SIG has chosen to make 2 versions of the P239. Silly of them, really.

As has been stated before, the 9MM shall remain so forever. The .357/.40 can readily change between the 2 and can even go down to a 9MM with a conversion barrel. Bar-Sto Precision Machine makes a lovely barrel for just such an application.

Please keep in mind that the magzines are not all interchangeable. The .40 magazine should work with all 3 calibers, while the .357 should work also with 9MM.

Wm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.