Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I already did a post about a single stack .40, but how about a single stack .357 Sig, like a Super on steroids? I have heard claims of 1600 fps with a 124 out of a six inch barrel. Any thoughts? I know about the 9x23, but I like the Sig, and brass is much more available. I could switch back and forth to .40 or 10mm and have a very versatile gun. What do you think?

Thanks in advance

MW

·
Registered
91 Posts
My buddy Pete has attempted to convert his 10mm Delta Elite to .357 Sig with a BarSto Barrel and he had NUMEROUS failures to feed. In fact BarSto eventually purchased the barrel back from him (something that they offered, Pete didn't ask) and I believe that they sent him a .357 Sig barrel for one of his double columned pistols.

I have heard that single column pistols have had problems with .357 Sig, or that they require a bit more work.

Derek

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a buddy who owns a .357 sig Brown bobtail commander and that sucker flat out runs. Don't know about the current round count but I was there for the first 250 rounds or so and it didn't bobble once from brand new.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
oooogeez that almost sounds too good!

I'd love to try that exact combo... :eek:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the Bobtail that JiminCA was referring to. First 250 rounds no failures. Ran another 100 federal 125 and 150 hollowpoints with no failures. Next 100 Federal hollowpoints had a 4 failures to load.Each time it was the third round from the last in the mag. Before the next range session, I cleaned and lubed and ran another 100 rounds of hollowpoints with no failures. As Jim stated, this gun is a real tack driver and is fun to shoot. I wouldn't hesitate buying another one as long as it was made by a top notch smith.

Jack

·
Registered
7 Posts
O.K. You got my intrest. But I don't know anything about this cofiguration. Would this caliber conversion work best in a 1911 or I have a "Witness" in 9mm. Where would I go to see this through. Hep me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.