Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a .44 Magnum Colt Peacemaker clone today. My question is: Can I use .44 Special in ths weapon as well? Are there any others that can be used also? And, what is the difference between .44 Magnum and .44 Remington Magnum?

·
Registered
54 Posts
yes, you can. the original .44 Special load was a 246 grain round nose lead load that averaged about 750 feet per second from the 4" barrel, while good .44 Mag loads will exceed 1200 fps from the same barrel length. the Cor Bon 165gr .44 Special goes mid-1100 fps from my 4" Taurus .44 Magnum.

Obviously, Specials would be much more pleasant to shoot, but if you've bought the Magnum I'd use the Magnum loads.
evan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: evanmarshall on 2001-07-15 06:14 ]</font>

G

·
The spcls are quite nice to shoot.
The difference is in brand recognition and marketing as only Remington will call it the Remington Magnum, similar to the way Glock will not label the .357 Sig pistols with the .357 Sig name, they label them as .357.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.