Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, you didn't have a Lo-Power forum...

This is the pre-GCA of '68 .380 you used to see in the cased engraved Renaissance three gun sets. Here's a photo of one.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/upload/976104335.jpg

The problem is the safety doesn't really "engage" either way. It's harder to put on, but then wipes off if you look at it crosseyed. I'd wondered if a nub could be brazed on the back side of the safety ( behind the checkering ) and then two detents drilled so the nub would drop into them at either on, or off.

I also wonder because I hear of those able to set up a 1911 safety to snap up or down. Is there some way to accomplish set up so the little one's safety works positively?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Hi, Rusty. Well, it's NOT a BHP, but it is a little Browning isn't it?

One thing to consider before carrying such a striker-fired arm is that when carried with a round in the chamber and the striker retracted, there is no half-cock notch as on the 1911 or BHP. If something is not fitted properly, is worn, or the gun dropped, I can sure see how it could inadvertently fire.

Best.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't contest your point, Stephen. Chamber empty it is except in exigent circumstances.
Which means in exigent circumstances I don't want to have the chamber loaded, the striker cocked, a trigger finger that can barely stay outside the trigger guard, and an untrustworthy safety. I want it to be positively on safe or off safe. ( I don't plan on carrying it in a crotch position, either. ) :grin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts