Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Typically, yes... 38 Super mags are what most use for the 9x23.

In some cases, but not all, some tuning of the feed lips may be required, but I am sure many have simply used them out of the box.

Wilson's seems to be the popular choice, and one that most people will not need to do much tuning work with...

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
If I read correctly...The suggested OAL for 9x23 is 1.250...If that's correct, why couldn't you use 45 magazines? Given the correction of the lips, just like the others...Wouldn't it work properly? I haven't SEEN a 9x23 1911 magazine, so don't get all crazy...Just curious... :wink:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'd imagine that they could work, but then you'd be stuck mucking with the lips of a 45 mag, signifigantly...

The 38Super mags are much closer, and typically don't require any mucking with, and the narrower profile of the mag body may be of benefit for the smaller diameter case.

I've seen people take .45 mags and close them up slightly for 10mm/40, but I'd imagine that getting another .05 out of them may decrease reliabilty.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Colt produced 9x23 mags and there are some available on the gun auction sights. In all my 9x23's I use Wilson 38 supers and never tweeked a one of them. I've never had a failure to feed. I wouldn't mess with tweeking the lips.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have the newer G-29 magazines and so far they run 38 Super, and 9x23, and of course 10mm 100%. I will be putting a box of blazer 9mm largo through them this weekend along with more 9x23's. D.F. in his tests said the older magazines might need very minor tweeking of the mag. lips. Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was REAL lucky in my search for 9X23 Shtuff, I have a series 80 Colt in .38S I have been trying to send to Dane for a while now, and I was fortunate enough to latch onto an auctionarms bid for a Colt factory new 9X23 barrel AND 2 magazines for $80.00. thank god it was a secret, as I won the bid. I have 2 Wilson .38S mags, 2 Colt .38S mags, and now 2 Colt 9X23 mags that I interchange all of the time. All I do is swap barrels and recoil springs and away I go. I so far have not had any extractor problems, but my ability to put bullets downrange has been limited and I only have a few hundred rounds through it. The pistol shoots better than me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.