Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, first off I want to say that my new MKIII is the best out-of-the-box 9mm pistol I've ever shot as far as accuracy is concerned. Even with the 7lbs. trigger I could manage to pull off some nice groups with controlled shooting. I'm very impressed with the "match quality" barrel it comes with and the fit. My attempt to take the magazine disconnect out failed (trigger pin) but I am thinking about getting a standard trigger job and leaving it on. I will be satisfied with a 5lbs trigger. Any recommendations?

The pistol shoots POA but I do not like the factory white dot sights. Okay here is my question = Heinie or Novak?

However, it does not make sense to me why they placed the serial no. on the front strap.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I had a local gunsmith do a trigger job on my HP.40. Installing a C&S wide trigger automatically removes the magazine disconnect. There's no provision for it on the trigger. He also smoothed & lightened the pull relatively easily.

Mark Graham, one of the better HP 'smiths out there, posted his HP trigger job method on here a while back. It's worth looking up, printing and handing to your gunsmith. Better yet, send the gun to Mark.

As for sights, I'm a big fan of Novaks. I know Heinie Straight Eights are all the rage now (and I'm having a set installed on my Kimber), but on a High Power, the Novaks are the only sights that really look right to me.

My opinion.

Chad

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I've decided to go ahead and send it to Don at Action Works and get the Street Package. He has a 3 month backlog right now but I think its well worth the wait...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.