Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Destroyer Carbine so I could shoot some Largo and while I was waiting on it was looking at everything I saw that was chambered in 9mm and wondering whether it could be rechambered into 9x23.

Any one know if Marlins "camp carbine" or Keltecs "sub" rifles could be rechambered and mags made to work in 9x23?

what about pistols/subguns like the VZ's but instead a UZI or mp5!!??

How bout a lever action rifle in 9x23?

Any other interesting conversions possible?

I'm obsessed now. :grin: :grin:

G

·
John did indeed have a Car15 9mm converted to 9x23. I liked the idea enough that I too also had to have one. It is a relatively simple conversion and my next plan is to convert an Olympic Arms gun into 9x23 so I can make use of the "cheaper" magazines than Colts.

·
Registered
658 Posts
David, are you making (or buying) special carbine loads or just using the normal 9x23 ammo? I'm really curious to see how the case volume/barrel length relationship works out as far as velocity...can you stuff enough slow burning powder in there to make use of 16" of barrel?

G

·
Pete,
Somehow I overlooked your question.
I use the factory white box ammo and it clocks 1,640fps from my 16.5" Colt top end.
I have not used any reloads in it yet, I am planning to work up a 147gr loading soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.