Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not really because you get two Alessi holsters, 3 Wilson 8 rd mags, a presentation case and an autographed copy of Tom Givens newest book, "Fight Smarter". Is that a $1500 Kimber with $2000 in accessories? This is the BCP "factory" loaded model :grin: It is also the FIRST gun from my shop with the proprietary "BCP Carryguns" hammer, sear and disconnector set that I think is the best currently on the market. (big claim I know)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-07-20 02:14 ]</font>

·
Registered
988 Posts
You take those pics with a pocket spy camera or something? Come on man, all I do is say good things about the picture quality out of your shop...and then here is an obvious beauty...but I can't see her body. What up with that? :grin:

No serrations on front of slide; no ambi-"safety"; beautiful beavertail work, looks like my kinda gal...but those pics!

Got a bone to pick too, Dane. How come that frame is marked with your mark...and mine ain't??

Oh, tell us about the BCP stuff in it. I like the trig :grin:

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How come that frame is marked with your mark...and mine ain't?
Hey, Bruce no problem burning through your nice hard chrome job and add a thistle for you.

Hard to photograph the detail on a blued gun but I will attempt to do that when we get some more sunlight in Seattle.

Details?
Kimber frame, Caspian slide, BarSto barrel
Serrated front and back strap & top and back of slide
Brown grip and thumb safety
Heinie's with a .110 front, black on black
The new BCP lockworks, Vedecki trigger @ 3.75#
Hogue Olive wood grips
Polished slide flats and the rest a 600 grit bead blast.

And a, no shit, "BEST GRADE" attention to detail, fit and finish on this one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-06-12 02:18 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See I can take a hint and learn too :grin:

TOUGH CROWD!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-07-20 02:15 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
On 2001-06-12 13:10, Shay wrote:
Dane,
Beautiful gun! why the grip safety with no raised pad? is that for a cleaner, more classic look? was the gun spec'd by the customer or You?

Shay
I think Dane PINNED the damn thing by the looks of it. :wink:

·
Registered
170 Posts
That may be the prettiest gun I have ever seen. I did not really like the serrations on the front strap and mainspring housing at first glance, but they really finish the piece because of the congruous treatment of all parts.

(Sight serrations, cocking serrations, slide top & rear serrations, then front and back grip serrations, even serrations on the hammer when one thinks about it, and probably on the trigger face as well.)

By any chance are the slide-stop and mag-catch serrated?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: telackey on 2001-06-12 13:20 ]</font>

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nah... It's not pinned... If it was, it'd be flush...

Dane, nice gun... Need more Pics...

I can kinda see the flushed muzzle crown, and it looks like the Grey Ghost muzzle, except with the bushed barrel... Very sweet work.

I know you like the serrations... Just wish you'd done the scallops I guess... Still want to see more of those...

So show us more of this 'Pretty Lady'

·
Registered
934 Posts
Another gun I can't have. :evil: Beautiful gun. Exactly what I'd look for in a carry gun. No ambi thumb safety. No front slide serrations. Serrated straps instead of checkering.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Was the gun spec'd by the customer or You?
Shay, my friend, what would be your guess on who spec'ed this one?

If the HOG gun is a consistant quickie, this is the one we should marry :wink:

Sometimes a high buy in and the maintance costs are worth it :grin:

The grip safety isn't pinned but I suspect in use it will be, so the pad wasn't used to avoid the cosmetic distraction.

The only checkering on the gun is a custom mag release hand cut for length and checkered at 50 lpi.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-06-13 01:36 ]</font>

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey Dane, the more I think about this particular specimen, the more I wonder...

It's not silver (grey), and it's not green... Of course, I didn't see a can of BBQ flat black anywhere in the background either... :grin:

If the frame simply blued over the 600 grit, or is it something else, like a Blackchrome? It doesn't appear to be a Birdsong Poly finish obviously...

I really like the way you have done the recessed muzzles, and would eventually like to have the Commander's done like that, considering the crown on it is cut at an angle, but I'd likely just trash the stock Colt barrel.

So... Please show us more pics... I have the Windex bottle handy to clean up the drool :grin:

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No question Craig Wertstein has influenced this gun a great deal. The grip safety started life as a plain Brown and was cut down.

I have done that long before I knew of Wetstein's work and suspect I caught that detail from a Heinie gun some time ago. Sometimes if it hard to tell where the influences come from. I have only recently had the opportunity to own some of the best grade guns of other makers and other generations.

The three biggest influences in my current work are a 1927 Colt NM, a full house, late model, Wetstein and Dick Heinie's help with metal work and detailing. I have also been able to examine a number of Heinie guns which clearly shows Dick's mastery of the 1911. Ken Hackathorn has forgotten more than I know, I suspect, about 1911s, when we talk...I listen.

As another project I am looking at producing my own beavertail. You can guess the influences there :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-06-12 14:57 ]</font>

·
Registered
988 Posts
Dane, thanks for the better pictures.

All kidding aside, when I think of a 1911 this is the gun that comes to mind. Great uninterrupted lines. I know it will shoot, but the damned thing almost wouldn't have to, you know?? :smile:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.