Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a *New* Colt Defender, Product code 07000D.

Since it was new I just gave it a fast look over, my mistake.

While cleaning after first firing I noticed 2 very deep circular machining cuts around the entire inside of the chamber and about 1/4" from the front of the chamber.

I will be calling the dealer & Colt tomorrow, however I think if your looking at any of these check the chamber with a bore light.

I am a very unhappy Camper :mad:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blackjack on 2001-05-20 18:45 ]</font>

·
Registered
28 Posts
Blackjack,,,

I just bought one as you describe two weeks ago and so far the trigger pull is way heavy, the rear sight is set too far left and the mag release spring could be used for a mainspring. Other than that mine is great.

I have changed the mag release spring, and it works just fine, I have drifted the rear sight back to the right and I bet it will be more to point of aim now. That devil trigger pull will be my next project and then I will be done.

I have checked the chamber, smooth as a babies behind and a lot cleaner too. This one is a keeper, no doubt about it. I do wish you luck in getting satisfied with yours

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.