Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last week has been rather . . . interesting in terms of personality and style "differences." There have been heated debates about different smiths styles, abilities, and prowess, and debate over whether pointing out errors by one and not another is warranted. Part of the problem is that with the 'net, we get a degree of communication never before dreamt of. We've seen the "negative" aspects (mistakes or perceived mistakes are readily observed). I thought it would be appropriate to act on one of the positive aspects: honoring those who use their skills and wisdom to enlighten us and shape art from metal, wood, leather, polymer, leather etc. So, no debates on who's best, who's flawless, or who's got the best personality.

All I can say, sirs, is thank you. Thank you for your efforts and time, thank you for your skills, and thank you for setting and improving the standards so that us "little people" are provided with an ever improving product.

By the way, does anyone else get a kick out of the fact that we can actually talk to the big names in the business? As a lawyer, I can't chat with Scalia, O'Connor, Ashcroft, or anyone else important in my field. But, everyone of us can talk with Dane Burns, Richard Heinie, Larry Vickers, etc., with relative ease.

·
Registered
149 Posts
With a grin I say Buzz_Knox, do folks in business not pay homage to a captive customer base??? We have heard of great skills and products from the best and they are the best, but thats what we the customer base demand is the best effort! I really appreciate hearing a discussion from Dane about why certain components are good or bad, if California allowed me freedom I would have one of his guns on order this very moment. I love to read comments from the Holster makers, they are honest people making good products for their customer base. There goes that word again customer. Be good to each other and make good products so we may enjoy them. Best to everyone!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.