Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very small telescopic sight that was given to me by a friend years ago and all he told me was that it was the first optical sight ever made for a pistol. The scope is about
5 1/2 inches long and the tube is right at 1/2 inch in diameter and the front objective (which is the larger one is 1 inch in diameter).

The scope has HUTSON written on the 1" bell and on the tube it has:
THE HUTSON CORP
ARLINGTON, TEXAS
PATENT.NO.3,172,941
written on it in white ink. I think it is made out of aluminium that has been black anodized.

Does anyone know if it has any intrinsic value or historical value? I think it was made sometime in the 1950's.
Thanks for your help.
hardsell

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the one Roscoe. It must be! I have a base looking attachment that looks like it went on top of the slide but the rings are missing to it. Do you know where rings could be found for such an animal as this? Is it still in production?
So, it was made in the late 60's to early 70's, hmmmm. Not quite as old as I thought. It has the tinyest sight picture I have ever seen on a scope. It almost looks like a toy!
Once again thanks for your help Roscoe. HS

· Registered
1 Posts
I know this is a very very old post ( 2002 ). I have a Hutson Handgunner that I bought from a member here. It is complete with scope and mount. Mint condition. My question is does anyone know how the mount with scope is mounted to a pistol ? If so i could use pm feature here to get instructions or maybe you could post them here. For some reason I think this scope mount could be for specific pistol but not sure. It is complete. I have box but no directions Thanks. Marty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts