Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,552 Posts
My 2 cents? There are too many fragile egos in this business :grin:

And some of them take this internet stuff too seriously.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-06-11 13:05 ]</font>

· Registered
3,552 Posts
Sundance,
First welcome to the forum.

Seems there are some misperceptions. Anyone is welcome to an opinion here. They can even write it down and post it here. We only ask that you be civil. I have a hard time with that myself at times so you are likely to get some slack on that topic line.

Dean Speir because he and I don't like each other, is locked off this forum. Although I will note that he was allowed to post his comment the other day through another member. Another couple, because one of them sent me off line email that I thought inappropriate have also been locked off.

In retrospect that sounds very petty. In some ways it is. But we are not the only forum online and all three have other places they would rather be I am sure than on a forum I control.

A good disagreement is healthy IMO. Outright antagonists like Spier and I is not good for the forum.

I look at this as a big party. You don't knowingly invite people that dislike each other a LOT to the same party. I don't go to their party and they aren't welcome at mine.

Realise this is in part my professional life. As it is others here posting. Insulting, personally, any of the professionals here is the fastest way to get you deleted from the list. I am the sole judge of who gets deleted and what level of insult will be tolerated.

I have several good examples on line now as a reference as to how much I am willing to allow.

I also answer professional and economically for those decisions. Buck stops with me.

We/I sure don't have it down to a perfect science. The intent of this forum is to offer advice, education, entertainment and fellowship to the gun community in addition to giving a place for all of us in the the gun world professionally to show our wares.

Nothing more and nothing less.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-06-12 21:43 ]</font>

· Registered
3,552 Posts
Banning one and not the other shows favoritism on your part.
No question. I aint Solomon :grin:

I should ban me. But if that happens forum is deleted. So that is one side of the Spier decision. The couple on the other hand...off list nasty grams have only one side. So far I seem to be one sided...in three cases.

Stupid to pick personal fights with forum owners, basic internet lesson 101. For my part I am trying to be less PUBLICLY judgemental of folks :grin:

But we always encourage people to speak their minds. Feel free to make any other sweeping commenatry about numbers of list members banned or being bias on the decisions..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.