Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

i'm about take the plunge and get a Custom II Target Stainless. It's like the custom, but is in stainless and has target sights, otherwise is the basic model. I like it.

What should I look for when fondling it? I assume to make sure everything fits and stuff. Pls get back to me soon as I'll probalby pick it up this afternoon...6 hours.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well you should have it by now and if you went with stainless you will probably be happy. I just bought a used blue gun and after looking at a number of them the matte blue finish does not hold up well at all.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nothing wrong with that choice, but I would go for the Classic Stainless. (Well, I did go with it!) Same gun with fixed sights.

My reasoning was it was a good bit less expensive, and there are many more aftermarket choices in sights for the fixed sight Kimber dovetail - including adjustable sights that will fit without machining (an example is the MMC units). Of course, you always have the option of machining the slide for a BoMar style sight if you decide you have to have one.

If you buy the gun with the factory adjustable sight, you are very limited to your choices if you later decide to swap it out. I guess maybe BoMar might make a replacement, but there probably aren't too many others. Since extra material is removed to fit that sight, your only other reasonable option might be to ante up for a new slide.

But the Kimber 1911 is a great gun - you won't regret this purchase.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Do what I did, buy both, the Classic Stainless and the Classic Stainless Target. Carry one, compete with the other. No matter with either one you will be happy. I think they are the best bargains that Kimber offers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.