Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
939 Posts
Guy at the range once asked the same question regarding why I had Krieger's on my rifles, when he had never had any problems with factory barrels...said it must be a rich guy thing. :smile: Rather than debate him, I just said "uh huh".

I don't smoke, seldom drink, don't pay interest in order to buy something I can't afford to buy outright, and I save my nickels. Do better barrels make better guns? In the long term yes. If the plan is to seldom shoot the gun and trade it off in a year or two, probably a waste of money.

I am not a gunslinger, never claimed to be. Not a student of fight dynamics either, but I put in my road work, lift, stretch, eat right and train...for the fight that will hopefully never come. Could be considered a waste of time, I guess, but my time to waste, no?

· Registered
939 Posts
You know, I have never met anyone who admitted to having spent so much on a gun that he had no money left to buy ammo, or get training.

People don't shoot, and don't train, for the same reason they don't do a lot of things: They believe themselves too busy, or, they are just lazy. I know...I have been there on both accounts.

I buy fewer guns than many people, but the stuff I own is of excellent quality. This will pay larger dividends to my children, their children, and my grandkids children than it will to me. Taking the long view, the average person will lose more change out of their pockets in a lifetime than they will pay out on match barrels. It really just seems to be a non-issue with me. If you want one, buy it. If you don't, don't. At least that is how this guy looks at it. :smile:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.