Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Like the saying goes, those who are looking for advice are only looking for an accomplice.

So here it is, I have some spare/liquid dinero that I'm coming into and I am considering a custom/customized 1911 (that or a .50BMG, big difference I know, but I got that urge too) and I was looking for input on what I should get/look for.

The pistol itself will only used for concealed carry and blasting anything at the range I want (when the range master ain't around :grin:) to blast. I have a my share of 10mms and .45acps, but only ONE lowly .38S/9x23 (an EAA Witness that Dane tells me ain't strong enough to handle prolonged use of the 9x23 :sad:) so that was the caliber I was considering, after that a set of night sites (bar dots are the fastest sites IMNSHO), one of those beavertail safeties. . . after that, I dunno.

What should I get? I see all of the BEAUTIFUL pistolas from Dane (and the like) with all their Buck Roger doodads and now I'm JEALOUS that I don't have one of those! :wink:

I am an avid Para fan (no flames or snide remarks! :wink:) and their "standard" 1911 has always worked fine for me, that's the honest truth. I have never really updgraded them to anything really customized. Hence THE itch!

Should I have it completely built from scratch? Should I have a base pistol, from either Springfield or Kimber, tweaked out?

Any further advice, from the accomplices :grin:, is appreciated!

Derek

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dane--that pistol would be great, if it was a 9x23! :grin: Oh yeah, night sights and hard chromed too!

As for this discussion about match barrel this and Chuck Taylor being able to put shots in a man's chest at 75 meters that, I think I'd be better served getting a 50 BMG with a match barrel! :wink:

Derek

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.