Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy All - New-bee Here

Even though I have read some negatives about it, I recently purchased a Walther SP22 M3 - today - and am trying to locate fellow owners to share experiences with.

I feel if one knows what obstacles, and how to surmount them, they may face, the better off they will be.

I haven't read anything that sounds unsurmountable in the "Fix It" department but I haven't seen many / any fixes for them. I haven't read anything on improving its accuracy, which obviously they can use, or else one couldn't buy one for so little and the TOP Shooters would be using them.

Thanks and I hope to see / read additional helpful post here.

Wolfen

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Wolfen. If I understand you correctly, you purchased this Walther with the understanding that you'd have to 'smith it into an acceptable weapon. IMHO, not a great plan--but best of luck. I had a new PPk years ago. At the time, I was shootin' Bullseye with scores in the 290's. I couldn't put 30 rounds on the target with this EXPENSIVE gun, nor could anyone I shot with. Sold it, and never owned another Walther. Hopefully, you'll like yours better than that........

·
Banned
57 Posts
what caliber was your pPK? I had one in .22lr that, from a braced firing position, would group 5" at 50 yds, which is adequate to score over 290 in BE matches, assuming that you clean the 25 yd stages. it is way too compact and lw to try to use in the 1 handed NRA stance, tho.

·
Registered
3 Posts
NEVER thought the germans made such p.o.s. I owned one and sold it after a week, I've owned several walther guns from lgr, kkj, ssp and others. these guns only have the name but are made by someone else.

I know my shooting guns, pardinis, walthers, hammerlis etc..

this sp "walther" gun was bought for my son, but went back to the dealer in a week, less than 200 shots were fired, very unreliable.

Joe in mexico.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have two PPK/s's. One in .380, the other in 22lr. Accuracy is good for the intended uses I have for them. Neither have had a catastophic stoppage yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts