Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A reminder- on 27-28 Oct Rangemaster will conduct an Advanced Combatives Skills Course at the Dallas Pistol Club in Carrollton, TX. The course will be taught by Dane Burns, Jim Higginbotham, and Tom Givens, and will be an intensive weekend. We combine gun skills, empty hand techniques, and personal tactics in a fighting system.
Students rotate among the three trainers, so there is no down time and LOTS of training. This class is about 2/3 full now.
Several forum members are enrolled, and we'd like to meet more of you.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As Chad said, details are at http://www.rangemaster.com. Cost is $299.00, which is dirt cheap considering it's like three classes at once. We train all day Saturday, have a night session Sat evening, and train all day Sunday.
A deposit of $150.00 will hold a space, balance due at class. You can mail a check to Rangemaster, 2611 S. Mendenhall, Memphis, Tn, 38115, fax a credit card and personal info to 901-370-5699, or call 901-370-5600 any time from 10am-10pm CDT.
Jim teaches high speed gun skills, Dane teaches hand to hand and building clearing tactics, and I teach mindset issues and some shooting technique. It's a very intensive weekend.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Dane, be gentle. My wife says I'm no good if I'm crippled and can't bring home a paycheck :grin: .

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Clay, no worries I was the only one with bruises and a black eye from the last class. I was attempting a new format, at a kindler and gentler level. My students seemed to have gotten the right idea though :smile: My wife was NOT pleased.

Jim, it occurs to me there might be a reason we don't get to be a part of the "mind" stuff :roll:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-08-11 03:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'll just add that I hosted the three amigo's in Atlanta this spring and can't say enough good things about their program. This is a great way to get exposure in three critical areas (mindset,shooting skills,CQB) and will illustrate to most everyone that they need to think about more than just spewing lead downrange. The only negative is they insist on bring that latte' drinking left coast gunsmith who's name I forget but sounds something like Dame or Lame.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Blinder, just remeber I have slept at your house and you kids and dog like ME!

Besides once I cross the Rockies I am no longer "War Gawd, The Mighty Pistolsmith" but assume the roll of "Master Ninja, Warrior Gawd" in the lav of the 757. It works in reverse on the way home.

Rough on my wardrobe of course :grin:

Hopefully you'll find a similar transition happening as you fly west on your next trip. If not, its bound to be a very LONG week!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-08-11 03:08 ]</font>

·
Registered
163 Posts
While I DOUBT I'll have the money to attend, since I'm STILL not working, I may just have to swing up that way from San Antonio for the weekend, just to drop in and meet some of y'all...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well, I seem to be going - unless I'm detailed to start flying around the world on our commercial airliners or somesuch. I can't even get off the East Coast. This isn't the first time a training conference turned into a real exercise.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Man...damn these terrorists!!!
I am already signed up for this class...and have been excited about it for a while.
Now, the recent tragedy has made me a little leary of flying for a while. On top of that, several people who are close to me really do not want me to fly to Dallas anytime soon.
Ahhh...this sucks! Now I don't know what to do.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hey if any of you Michigan people, or people inbetween MI and Dallas wanna split the drive I'd do it.....

on edit, what on earth am I thinking?!?! The last time I did that driving 18 hours crap I tanked the Vermont PPC state match. I'll fly the friendly skies.
Andy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndrewT on 2001-09-19 20:55 ]</font>

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm in Austin and going to drive up to Dallas for the class. But I'll tell you, if it were a flight from here out of town--I'd STILL go! Don't let these terrorists rule your fears!

Anyone who feels it's "safer" to fly to Austin than Dallas, come on in and we can drive up from here. (In person, I don't rant lefty politics like I do in the posts, so I'm really not that bad to hang with.) But, don't think twice about flying, folks--make a statement to the terrorists that they may bend us, but we don't break!

Look forward to seeing you all in Dallas!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Paladin on 2001-09-19 19:13 ]</font>

·
Registered
79 Posts
Learning to be safer should not be unsafe to you. Personally, I don't think you could pick a better time to fly than right now. Sure, there will be some delays and traveling with a gun might be touchy, but you can darn well bet that plane is going to be safe. If my wife were not pregnant right now, we would be off to Florida or Oregon in a heartbeat, on a big ole jetliner! Instead, she is having a baby and I am going to the Oct class, driving to it since it is not far enough to fly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.