Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning to upgrade my Kimber and would like the oppinions of this board.
1. What ambi-safety do you think is best? Currently looking at the Brown and King versions. The King retaining system looks very sturdy, any opinions?
2. What beaver-tail? Looking at the Brown, CMC and King. Will the Brown jig work on all of these?
Thank you for any input, I look forward to reading your opinions.

Regards,
Gunner

·
Registered
239 Posts
1. Brown ambi tac safety. Wilson low profile ambi is a close second.
2. I prefer the Wilson 298, frame will need recutting with Wilson contour jig. Kimber frame tangs are apparently .250" radius, and the Brown and others are .250".

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have had several Wilson ambi saftyies installed and like it very much. I was also interested in the King ambi because of the way it has the pin to hold it together. I bought one, but thought the part was poorly made and finnished and did not use it. I think the Brown and Wilson ambi safeties have the best finnish, fit, and feel.
As far as the grip safety, the Brown is my first choice, but requires quite a bit of work to fit. I also like the Wilson.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the excellent feedback. Now I am going to add another question. The trigger in my Kimber is not up to speed and I plan to try one of the Cylinder and Slide trigger pull kits. Has anyone used this kit and if so were the results positive?

Thank you again,
Gunner

·
Registered
4 Posts
On 2001-09-05 13:49, Gunner45 wrote:
Thank you for the excellent feedback. Now I am going to add another question. The trigger in my Kimber is not up to speed and I plan to try one of the Cylinder and Slide trigger pull kits. Has anyone used this kit and if so were the results positive?
I used the C& S "Tactical Match Set" in a Sistema. (Also replaced hammer and sear pins.) No problems with fit, except I had to stone the hammer sides a tad. Supposedly gives a 4.5# pull. I haven't measured it since I don't really care about the number, but I will say that the trigger is now crisp, with no creep and is fine for a carry gun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
On 2001-09-05 13:49, Gunner45 wrote:
I used the C& S "Tactical Match Set" in a Sistema. (Also replaced hammer and sear pins.) No problems with fit, except I had to stone the hammer sides a tad. Supposedly gives a 4.5# pull. I haven't measured it since I don't really care about the number, but I will say that the trigger is now crisp, with no creep and is fine for a carry gun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.