Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone think of these? If you needed to specify something for a total ustom built gun, would this be a good choice? It seems to me that the little springs on it are just another place for something to go wrong. How do they last?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robe on 2001-05-21 20:47 ]</font>

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have nothing but AFTEC in all my 1911's. I have yet to have a problem with them. Even when an occasional 38 Super gets mixed in with my TJ brass.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
61 Posts
I put one on my STI 40 cal and some 4000 rounds later I have no complaints...well...they ARE a little trickier to install after cleaning but it's no big deal.

On the flip side, I have used several standard type extractors and (once tuned properly) I have no problems with them either.

The concept is neat and the tensioning is exactly the same for each extraction. Most other (non-1911) guns use spring tensioned extractors so I don't think the springs will pose any undue failure points.

Mikey

·
Registered
126 Posts
I like the AFTEC extractors. They work especially well for high pressure cartridges like the 9x23, 38 Super and hot loaded 40. Not really neccesary in a 45, but not a bad thing either. They do require carefull fitting, but once setup correctly, they are very durable and reliable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Steve Morrison on 2001-05-21 22:11 ]</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.