Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for information concerning after market "drop in" barrels for my .45F. I am considering BarSto, Jarvis, and CCF. I would like an extended (5") barrel with o-ring and non-threaded. Anybody know if one of these makers is better than the other? Any other info would be greatly appreciated as well.
Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've got a drop in SS 6" ported barrel w/bushing made in Korea. It's cheap but it works fine and is fairly accurate. Probably 150 rnds. through it at most. If you want it Email me and I'll send it to you for $50 + shipping........

G

·
Jarvis makes a very good barrel for the USP.
I also like Barsto barrels, but I recently picked up a Jarvis barrel and have found it to be of excellent quality.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I loaned my HK .45C to Larry so he could model his after market barrels on it. I got to say that dealing with Larry is a completely unique experience. He is a great guy, committed to providing excellent products and service.

I have a Bar-Sto fitted in a BHP. It is one accurate shooter.

There are some people that posted comments about the Jarvis barrel on HKPRO.

I would suggest having whatever after market barrel installed and fitted by a real gunsmith. My personal experience has been with Cylinder and Slide in Nebraska. They do outstanding work. They will bring out the best in any of those barrels.

The kicker is if you really want the O-ring I think Larry is the only one.

Hope this helps alittle.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Actually, Bar-Sto will cut the groove for the
little o-ring(which by the way, you can pick
up at any auto parts store-just ask to see
the air conditioning o-ring assortment for
r134a, and pick your winner). Irv "cubed"
did this for my .40 Super barrel in my HK
USPc. It works very well!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.