Pistol Smith Forum banner

Aftermarket Mags

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  WalterGa 
#1 ·
Greetings.

I have 6 promag preban glock 19 mags, none of which I can get to function. I have tried a stock glock mag spring (don't know if it is a 10 or 15 round spring) that I picked up at a gun show, but it didn't help. The follower in the mag seems to hold the round too far forward, activating the slide stop and turning the gun into a single-shot pistol.

Does anyone have any ideas of what can be done to make these things work? One thing that I noticed is that the glock spring doesn't fit onto the follower like it does in a factory glock mag. I could cut the follower, but I don't want to mess it up since I don't think they are available any more.

One thought I had was to just buy some rebuild kits from glockmeister, cut up these mag bodies and buy some scherer replacements, but that seems awfully spendy.

Thanks for any advice you might have!

John

#2 ·
I tried the Scherer tubes and never could get them to work in my G22. Problem was the lips,,,,they didn't want to stay within spec, they would bend open and cause all kinds of problems. Measure the lips on your promags and compare to factory Glock.

In Glock,,,,I've always used Glock mags,,,,cost more up front, but I've never had to dink around with a Glock mag.

H4444

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.