Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be a CSO at the Alabama state match this weekend. Who else are going? We don't count Forsyth with his poodle shooting gamer gun.

·
Registered
274 Posts
On 2001-04-11 12:20, Ricky T wrote:
I will be a CSO at the Alabama state match this weekend. Who else are going? We don't count Forsyth with his poodle shooting gamer gun.
Mr. CSO, How will you be scoring hits this weekend? My highly tuned competition ammunition :rolleyes: sometimes will not stay in the target, much less punch through. Usually it just dimples it. I mean, if I show intent, it still counts right? That's the way it works in Florida. :grin:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
heeheehee...Godd one

:wink:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr. Game.. oops I mean Forsyth:

But we're not in FLA. I will count hanging chads, dimples, bullets stuck on targets as MISSES, 5 points down each, failure to neutralize and failure to do right. Especially for those who shoot wheel guns.:smile:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Wheel guns? I will go down to the NG Armory here, they have a couple of old 105's that have wheels, and see if I can borrow one. Wait a minute, are you going to shoot something with wheels on it? :smile:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On 2001-04-15 11:13, TaxPhd wrote:
Ricky T,

Who won? How about the top ten placement overall?
Tax:
The lowest time was David Sevigny of Team Triton, he shot SSP Master using a G34.
The second lowest was Jeff Cramblitt, he shot ESP using a .40 1911.
Here are the results, there is not really "top ten placement overall".
http://webprofessor.org/idpa/
The South River contingent came home with 8 trophies.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The Middle Tennessee Shooters Club had five members in attendance - four scored trophies - One 1st and three 2nd's!

We'll be invading Georgia next...

Mikey

·
Registered
274 Posts
It was a great match. Saw a lot of old friends, and made some new ones. Saw Ricky T, Mike Benedict, and Rosie, had a blast. And I slipped up and brought home a second place in ESP, Sharpshooter, using a Caspian single stack .40.

Going to the GA State Match next month. Who else is planning on going?

Ricky T, are you ready to go carry gun vs carry gun, me and my Bilby Bob Kimber and you with your Wilson.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW, the Georgia Team came home with 8 trophies.
John, we can go for the carry vs. carry. My Baer C7 vs. your Bilby Bob Kimber. Or maybe I'll shoot my Lorcin. :smile:
Mikey and John, instead of trophies, we give out barbecue ribs as awards.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well, that does it! If we were shooting for just trophies I would just be my usual, laid-back, fun loving fellow IDPA competitor self :grin: ....but if there's ribs involved, well then, THIS MEANS WAR!! :evil:

Mikey :cool:

·
Registered
274 Posts
For the ribs!! No mercy, none given, none asked. :grin:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ricky T,

Cramblitt was at my house last Thursday getting some last minute tax work done, and he mentioned that he was going to shoot the Alabama match. He asked me if I wanted to go, and I said "Sure. What class is my Caspian racegun in?" :grin:

He used to shoot regularly with us at Sportsman's Adventure, and he is deceptively fast. After watching him go through a stage (but before seeing the time), I would say to myself, "Yeah, he's not that good. I can do that." Then I would be five seconds and ten points down from him (with me using my hi-cap racegun, and him using a single stack .40). Oh, well.

I still want to get up and shoot with you guys, as it is high time I tried IDPA. Do you shoot Monday night? What time do you start?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tax:
I always knew Jeff was a burner, after all he is a GM. Also being as skinny as he is, there is less wind drag. :smile:
We shoot on Wednesday 7pm, be there around 6:30 for registration. Beware that traffic is BAD on the north side at that time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
First of all, I'm so glad you guys enjoyed our state match. :smile: We enjoyed putting it on for you. :grin: Come back next year and maybe I'll get the scoring done faster. :wink:

Second of all, I think I might faint. Is it me or is there another accounting academic who shoots? Someone get the smelling salts! :eek:

Amelia

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Amelia on 2001-04-16 23:09 ]</font>

1 - 16 of 16 Posts