Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recieved my GWH today after sending payment on Sunday. Dane happened to have one in stock and I got it, yeeha.

I ordered the cordovan body with the black loop. The black loop didn't bother me because no one is supposed to see it anyway and I prefer getting something sooner than later, especially when I don't have packages coming in all the time like someone suggested in order to get over anticipation, ha ha. The cordovan body has some beautiful striations in the color almost reminiscent of heavy cream slowly blending in with a nice dark roast coffee. Some people may not like it, but I think it adds depth and character to the holster.

I can't wait until my exam is over tomorrow morning so I can go home and try it out, and go to the range as well (My range is only about a mile from my house and I can shoot inside or outside)

Does this holster require a night with pistol in plastic to break it in?

I don't have any leather lightening or hyde glyde, will something else work to slick up the interior of the holster acceptably?

Thanks Lou and Dane

Lars

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi LARS,
I have the same one and it is perfect after 10 minutes of drawing the gun from it. my 2nd GWH was a little too tight so I stuck the gun in it and twisted a little till it was perfect.

Dane has a trick on how to loosen it up a little. if my way doesn't work give him a call but I wouldnt put any Leather lightning or anything like that in it.

Hope this helps,
Shay

·
Registered
580 Posts
You can use th plastic "Baggie" method {which I believe Lou sometimes recommends?}. Should leave "Bagged" pistol in Holster overnight @ least though.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Looking forward to mine arriving sometime soon. Heard to many good things about the holster to not be a little excited. Let you know how it feels. Put the cart a little before the horse as I still don't have my Kimber Compact back from the Smith.

Tim

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, it broke in after drawing the pistol in and out 20 or so times, real tight at first, but the ejection port soon shaved off the offending leather on the internal leather sight rails, it now moves in and out very nicely.

Now I just need a good gunbelt so that I don't have to wear the belt tighter than needed. The gunbelt is more of a necessity with the IWB than my outside the belt holster since the extra belt pressure transfers to the IWB pinching the pistol in the holster and making draws harder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.