Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dane or Lou,
I'm missing something about Lou Alessi's holsters. Is there a sight to view them. What is the special with the holster, belt, and mag/light holder? What are the holsters Dane is selling? I'm looking for something to use strictly for IDPA. I think I want something that will fit tight to me without any play and has a forward tilt to it (I have Kimbers). Something like the Galco Avenger. As you can tell, I'm ignorant when it comes to holsters. I've been using an Uncle Mikes with a cheap belt. Thanks for your time.

Thanks for the help!
Jim

·
Registered
207 Posts
There are three holsters designed by Dane Burns and made by Alessi. They are the GWH, ACP, and a modified ACP design. Do a keyword search on this forum for reviews and pictures. Burnscustom.com also has pictures, brief descriptions, price, and ordering info on the site.

I own the GWH and an ACP holster. They are by far the most comfortable holsters I own.
The holsters fit rock solid on the belt with absolutly no shifting.

If you invest in an Alessi belt, mag pouch, and holster you will save alot of money in the long run. I have a box of Sparks, Kramer, and Blade-tech holsters that I don't bother to wear anymore because the Alessi gear is really superior to them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JM on 2001-10-08 16:43 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Thanks JM but I can't take that much credit. The GWH is my design with help from a couple of different makers over the past 10 years including Lou. The ACP is all Lou. I just sell them. The original Heinie DOJ and ACP came from the Dept. of Justice trials in California. Heinie's version is a straight drop and low cut. The ACP has a higher cut front and a FBI rake.

Both are good rigs. I sell the ACP because it closely matches the rake and height of the GWH.

The newest additon with the snap are improvements on the ACP in some ways. Again Lou idea.

There are several other designs in the works that are indeed collaberations of Lou's and my ideas.

·
Registered
262 Posts
JEM, why strictly for IDPA?

For IDPA use, I generally go with a Kydex belt holster that duplicates my IWB rigs in rake and positioning. But my IDPA club tends to design a lot of stages where you're rolling around on the ground and my good holsters were getting the crap beat out of them :sad:.

If you haven't taken advantage of Georgia's pretty reasonable CCW process, do so, and carry the piece in a good IWB. Lou/Dane's GWH is the most comfortable and stable 1911 holster I've ever worn. You can also use that holster for IDPA. If you want a competition-only holster, the Blade-Tech belt holster seems to be the odds-on favorite among the competitors I know.

Chad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.