Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to order two additional cases of 230gr+P and it seems that a "run" has occured and all of the Black Hills 230gr+P is now back ordered for several weeks.

Black Hills 230gr+P GD is the worst ammo out there please buy and order only Corbon ammo as soon as possible and return your 230gr+P GD to Black Hills first thing Monday morning.
Hurry Now! get rid of the cursed stuff!

................:smile:..................

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suspect that the criminal population will be reduced and the LEO success rate will go up with all of these quality .45acp loads in the "right" holsters/hands.

I am ok with that :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David DiFabio on 2001-07-07 23:54 ]</font>

·
Registered
54 Posts
Recently tested a wide variety of 5.56 ammo thru a new Wilson Combat M4. the most accurate load by a signifcant margin was Black Hills REMANUFACTURERED 50gr VMAX.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm sure Jeff will happily add more employees should the demand justify it. I've over 100,000 rnds of BH 5.56MM over the years and NEVER had a bad round

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: evanmarshall on 2001-07-12 16:25 ]</font>

·
Registered
26 Posts
As long as we're doing free commericals for Black Hills I will give my two sense worth --
Last year I purchased a Savage Tactical in .223
After break-in I bought one box of every brand of ammo I could find from the cheap stuff to Federal Gold Metal - The winner -- Black Hills 52 gr Match -- purchased for about 12 bucks for a box of 50. 1/2" patterns at 100 yards on a good day, 3/4" on a bad day. Only one close was Winchester 50 gr ?? (Silvertip I think) for twice the price.
Black Hills is great stuff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Today,
I recieved two very heavy boxes filled with the beautiful red packaging of the Black Hills Ammo co.

I am elated to view the box tops and see .45ACP, 230gr. JHP +P.

So I open a box and gaze at the shiny new Hornandy XTP bullets. huh..XTP bullets????

So now I am really confused, first order GD second order XTP?

Lot# 0203111441

Not that I am complaining, as the XTP is probably my number two favorite loading of all time and now in a Black Hills +P is a really good thing :smile:

But now I have to go and test all over again.. :roll:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glen,
I will expect to see you at the DiFabio residence to cook and refrigerate all of the darn gelatin starting @ O'Dark hundred tommorrow.........whine huh?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David DiFabio on 2001-07-13 22:16 ]</font>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.