Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand the why for the Ambi Safety but is there is reason not to?

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
156 Posts
My reason not to use the ambi safety is it would seem much easier to inadvertently knock the gun off safe while it's being carried on a day to day basis. I'm right handed and the ambi doesn't seem like a good idea on a carry gun because of this.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I too, have had ambi safeties wipe off. A lot of this has to do with your choice of leather, but since I carry in an open top speed scabbard most times, I do not like having a safety on the exposed side.

G

·
If my gun wether it be a pistol or rifle is equipped with a safety lever I will only carry it with an ambi safety period.

I don't care if it wipes off one hundred thousand times, I will need it to turn off quickly only once maybe twice.
If I must go left handed or pull it in a struggle and I can guarantee you that Mr. Murphy will be there and I will not be able to snag/wipe it as I draw/pull/struggle for it.

I know that on that day it will obviously suffer a broken plunger, split grips, twisted metal and require the equivalent of 10,000 pounds to turn off and by god I want to be able to turn it off with some resemblance of a firing grip using my thumb.

Yes, I require an ambi safety always.
If all of the ambi safety levers, buttons, rods were to disappear I will have my gunsmiths deactivate and remove the safety from my guns.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David DiFabio on 2001-07-06 08:41 ]</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.