Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three quick questions, comments please:

Need an opinion on American Ammo,

What do you think about S&B,

and has anyone heard of Zero brand ammo, I think it is made in Alabama.

I am looking for some cheap target rounds in both .40 and .45.

Thanks,

77Bronc

· Registered
414 Posts
Steer clear of American Ammo. Several dealers have stopped carrying it due to all the problems they've had.

Sellior&Bellot is good stuff. I've fired lots of it in several different calibers. Never any problems.

I've also fired close to 2000 rounds of Wolf ammo in .40 and .45 with good results. I spoke with a Wolf exec the other day about steel cases, and FWIW he said that they will not damage nor cause any additional wear on the extractor or chamber. Safe as brass, according to him. They guarantee their product, as well. You can't beat the price. SOF magazine did a T&E of Wolf in last month's issue, and it performed great.

I get all of my ammo from http://www.ammoman.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Clay on 2001-10-10 08:58 ]</font>

G

·
I've seen Zero brand at all the gun shows here in Atlanta. I've never tried it, but they seem to sell a lot of it so it's probably OK. It is made in Alabama.

· Registered
198 Posts
Of the brands listed, I'm only familiar with S&B. It's dirty, has a low flash signature, is accurate, always goes bang and is inexpensive. Over all, I really like it. Sam :smile:

· Registered
1,355 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replys, I will look at the various web sites listed. I was given 4 boxes of American .45 ACP by a friend who bought them as Y2K preparation. Opened one box and got two (yes 2!) squibs from one box. I have been shooting for a long time and never had a squid load. I felt so lucky after this incident I went a bought a Powerball ticket. Needless to say the remainder of the box and the other three boxes are resting peacefully at the bottom of the river near the range.

77Bronc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.