Pistol Smith Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Go look at their new, single action only, competition pistols. They are really nice and shoot pretty sweet, too. I cannot vouch for the accuracy, I ran a couple of racks of plates with it, but I would bet it can group. The one I shot was the plain jane 9 mm. (

I am a 1911 fanatic, but have a couple of Sigs. A P-220 in .45 acp that I carries for many years as a policeman and a P-239 9 mm that I bought a year or so ago. I said I bought it for my wife, but I play with it every now and then.

Both of the Sigs are very accurate and shoot as good as most production guns. If I were limited to only one gun, it wouldn't be either Sig. On the other hand, I would not feel shorted if either one was my only gun.

Buddy

·
Registered
3 Posts
P220

For range practice I like the 1911. CCW or duty carry I like the P220 or the P245. Just so people don't freek out over the hammer locked in the cocked position.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think that the SIG P210 is the best service handgun ever made. However, for self-defense I prefer my 1939 Colt Government Model National Match. While the M1911 is nowhere near as accurate, reliable, rugged, or durable as the P210, it is quicker to bring into action and more amenable to sighting aids such as laser grips.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Got a 210, 220, and a few 1911's. The heel release on the 210 is tough for a quick reload. Although 1911' are my favorites I must say that the 220 is the most reliable pistol I've ever owned.

·
Registered
707 Posts
zeleny said:
... While the M1911 is nowhere near as accurate, reliable, rugged, or durable as the P210, it is quicker to bring into action ...
What do you mean by a 1911 is quicker to bring into action than a P210?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Stiff and poorer located safety for one , aside from the previously mentioned heel release for reloads.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Primarily a 1911 man. I have owned several Sig's and found them to be the most reliable weapon I have ever owned. Having said that, I sold my 229 to get a SIG Compact Revolution and have not looked back. I had been searching for a True Commander length gun with an Officers grip and this gun has all that and more...... :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
1911 & SIG P-series

Each is the product of different design philisophies, different eras, different applications. I like both for their oustanding points:

1911 - best trigger in the world, aesthetics, no tool detail strip, huge aftermarket support

SIG P-series - DA/SA seems best for carry/defense, reliability, capacity (9mm)

They complement, rather than replace, each other.

·
Registered
6 Posts
sig Revolution

have a Sig Sauer 226 X-Five in 9mm and a buy me a 1911 GRS Revolution
this 1911 shoot verry well, even better than my Colt Trophy

·
Registered
1 Posts
carry a Sig non rail Stainless 1911 made slick by Gray Guns. Also carry a P226 as needed. We now allow anyone to carry cocked and locked 1911s if they pass our firearm instructors safety course. I love my DAO P226 but the 1911 brings some old school to a duty gun. Heck I may strap my 681 on for my last year and come full circle............

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have shot a Colt series 70 for the last 25 yrs. and have a personal relationship with this pistol. (LOL) Recently bought a P220 Elite (Dark). This one comes with Sig's aluminum grips, which fit me much better than the 1911 w/ Pachmeyers. After shooting just 100 rounds out of this 220, I am having a hard time not trading the 1911, other than I love it and can't replace it now for anywhere near what I paid 25 yrs. ago. I think I'll prolly put my match barrel in permanently and just use it for a target gun.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i used to fit and match the sig 1911's for work. during the time i was there , i fitted over 12,000 sets of frames and slides . i taught two other people the techniques i developed that enabled me to fit up to 400 a day... and i developed a multi-stage cut/lap/polish compound probably still in use today. i know they called me two weeks after i was laid off to get the formula :) . the guys in assembly could always tell which ones the trainees did though :( . i considered them art rather than work. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Grayguns SIG X-five Allround in 40 that is to die for. The Gray magic turned an excellent gun into a great one. I also have a Nighthawk custom 1911 that would be hard to beat in the 1911 world. Obviously these are very different guns but both are amongst the best in their class. These are soon to be joined by a SIG P-210 Legend Target which will make my life more complete. Drat the embarrassment of handgun riches.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am a Sig fan.

I own and shoot several Sig's more than any other brand.

But I do like 1911's

Some of my favorites

My Kimber Polymer Gold Match in .45

My Colt Mark IV Officers in .45

My latest 1911 is a Sig 1911 in .22 cal

I wont get started showing my Sig's ... but Sig's are a very high quality gun

IMHO

If you don't exactly love the Sig trigger ... get a trigger job.

Man with a trigger job they are sweet.

:cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Late to the party, new to the forum. Stainless 70 Series Government Pony and a P220SAO. Being SAO it handles like an ugly Commander without a grip safety (BHP in .45?). The Sig printed cloverleafs at 25 yards out of the box. Factory trigger is crisp with just a hint of creep. The Colt needed a match bbl and bushing along with a trigger job to shoot as well as the Sig. Sig had one FTF (didn't strip the last round & slide didn't lock back), when I put the mag spring in upside down. The Colt has been reliable since the chamber was gauged & the throat polished.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts