Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of the shooters here are into IDPA but I was wondering if there are any die hard pin shooters in the backround? I shoot pins (when I can find a match) and steel. Too old and fat for IPSC. Shot IDPA when Brian Bilby ran matces at Centerline. Tried cowboy but I like guns better than clothing. Went to the American Handgunner 5 years ago and fell in love with man on man shooting. Lets here from some of you shooters and the games you play.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like to shoot pins whenever I get the chance. We have a match every other month. The first one this year was last month. In the months between pin matches they shoot steel. With my work I hit a pin match when I can, sometimes I work Saturdays sometimes I don’t. Last year I only made one pin match, hope I make more this year. If I get a chance maybe I make a steel match. I haven’t shot one of them in years. Yahoo groups have a pin shooting mailing list, but not a lot of activity there. Here is a link. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pinshooting

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey Pinman, Pingun.45 here! Yes, the ultimate game for major caliber weapons. After shooting +200 power factor loads in my guns I dont have problems with my duty 9mm ;0) I shoot pins, steel, ipsc to keep my handgun and handling skills up since I carry a gun everyday. Pins will definitely keep you honest. Have a good one and hope to see you at Blue Mountain, Doug

614 Posts
I love Pin Shooting.But around here it is hard to find any Pin Shooting events.Back about 10 years ago they were all over the place.Now the big game is IDPA and I see the IPSC getting much smaller around these parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
we have been shooting pin at mra for 13 years. if you would like more info check our website @ http://www.massrifle.com
our next outside match will be on 5/27/01 come on down.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ed Mahoney on 2001-05-16 19:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Peter Loron on 2001-07-19 13:00 ]</font>

·
Registered
373 Posts
I used to be a die-hard pin shooter in the mid 80's in Virginia. I shot wheelgun class. Whenever I make up an IDPA match, you are ALWAYS gonna find pins on at least ONE stage!

There are no pin shoots anywhere near here, just IPSC and IDPA. I opt for IDPA.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There is a pin match in Niles, MI. on the last weekend of July. There is an ICORE match nearby, and many shooters do both.
My experience has been that pins are an East Coast and Midwest phenomenon.

Now that Second Chance is on hiatus, the individual clubs will have to pick up the slack.

Our club is rebuilding our pin range for more tables, and all-steel ones.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Bruce...we don't have any pin matches in my area...but...I had a friend of mine that owned a bowling alley, and he gave me a bunch of old pins...I love setting up 5 of them and seeing how fast I can mow them down...for now I just set them on the ground...I would like to make a good portable table...anybody have any plans for a good portable pin table....somthing that could fold up small would be great.

I am always amazed at how many hits from a 45 the pins can take.....but one day...I had a pretty wasted pin...a guy had an SKS out at the range...and we took turns shooting it...needless to say...the pin became toothpicks pretty quickly. :grin:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used to shoot pins "indoors" using lead bullets untill I saw a shooter(wearing eye protection) lose an eye from a ricochet. Otherwise it was a blast....

·
Registered
285 Posts
On 2001-07-19 01:02, Ironside wrote:
I used to shoot pins "indoors" using lead bullets untill I saw a shooter(wearing eye protection) lose an eye from a ricochet. Otherwise it was a blast....
Can you give us more information on the incident in which the pin shooter lost an eye? Did the bullet go through the lens of the glasses or around it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts