Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to trade for a PC Recon sight unseen (an internet trade). Problem is... I can't find any info on these guns. I've dug through all of my old gunrags, checked the S&W site, and done a few Google searches all to no avail. Please help.

Pics would be appreciated also. Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I recall something of that nature on another site somewhere, sometime ago.(?!?!?) Anyway, I'm thinking it was like the 4516 with Hogue grips, an extended comp'ed barrel, a titanium bushing, and maybe a special finish. Real helpful, huh?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Secmat on 2001-09-03 14:31 ]</font>

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Real helpful, huh?

Hey, anything helps. I was aware of the comped barrel... funny looking beretta 92 style barrel profile that extends beyond the slide. The seller also mentioned something about a Briley bushing (although I didn't know it was made of Titanium). I'm curious what this 'special' finish might be.

I really wanted to trade for a Colt XSE or Gold Cup, but I'm always interested in learning about interesting handguns. I remember reading an article about S&W's Performance Center. I guess I would give anything with PC on the side very serious consideration... They do a heck of a job!

Thanks,
Callahan

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the link, very informative. I have been able to find some internet references on this gun in the time since my orginal post. While this pistol was built by TOP OF THE LINE people with tender-loving care, it is still a S&W auto. I simply hate the idea of a mag safety (which is why I don't own a P-35 Browning).

I'm basing all my prejudice on my one and only experience with Smith autos, a short stint of ownership of a blued model 457. Sure, S&W autos are a rugged little number. Some local PDs have abused the crap outta them for decades and they still shoot (with only minor repair work). One of my instructors out at the college carried a 5906 for fifteen years and subjected it to every kind of crap he could throw at it. He's now the proud issuee of a SigSauer but still swears by that rugged Smitty.

I will probably regret this later, but I just emailed the guy back and politely declined the trade. I just don't have enough likes to outweight the dislikes of the S&W autopistol.

Damn,
Callahan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Inspector Harry Callahan on 2002-01-23 22:03 ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.