Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been drooling over these two models lately. Any experiences with these yet? One of these are gonna be added to the collection soon.

·
Registered
440 Posts
FightFan,
I have had a Kahr PM-45 for about 4 months. It has so far been totally reliable. It comes from the factory with one extra magazine. I have a BIG ISSUE with the folks at Kahr though. None of the distributors seem to have extra magazines for the PM-45. I have called the Kahr factory several times and just get flippant, smart-ass answers. They tell me there are magazines out there and name distributors, but then when I call the distributors they name, they say they haven't been able to get the magazines. FINALLY the factory filled the order for my FFL for the extra mags and sent the ones for the full-size Kahr .45 which fit in the pistol, but hang out. When my FFL called, they wouldn't accept them back. Then when I spoke to someone else at Kahr, he told me in a smart-ass tone that the two magazines that came with the gun should give anyone plenty of firpower and why would I need additional magazines....... not a very diplomatic answer.
I feel that a manufacturer of a semi-automatic pistol has an obligation to supply magazines for a reasonable period of time...... AT LEAST while they are still making the pistol! Until Kahr gets an attitude adjustment, I am through with them.
Best regards,
Jeffro

·
Registered
951 Posts
SMARTA$$

DAMM JEFFRO, Just when Buddy had convinced Me I had to have a different Kahr for every day of the week for concealed carry, or I couldn't join His Club........I agree, if I want 20 mags, I'm gonna have them, Or a bad case of REDA$$ at Kahr.

Bill Caldwell

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback! Looks like the CW45 is in the lead. I would imagine that mags for it will be easier to find since it should share them with the p45.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Fightfan,
I would sure let your FFL know that you won't take the gun UNLESS and UNTIL you can get the magazines at the same time as you take delivery of the firearm. I personally have trouble doing business with a company with that mindset....... even if it doesn't "jump out" at you for the particular product you are purchasing, but we all must make that decision for ourselves......... I resent Kahr having no respect for their customers.
Good luck,
Jeffro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts