Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I took the test for INS agents and did fairly well on it. I have a basic idea of the the entry level duty is, but I was wondering if anyone here has some real life experience.
Thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
Which type of INS agent? Border Patrol Agent? INS Special Agent? INS Inspector? I did twelve yrs. in the Border Patrol. Great for a while, but I wouldn't want to sit out on a river bank at age 50 in ther dead of winter. INS laws are among the worst to enforce around. The agency is seriously and underfunded and only runs a distant second to ATF for being over-politicized. Our price for an open society. I would strongly encourage you to look into DEA, Customs, and Secret Service for a rewarding government service career. BTW, I went with Customs Office of Investigations and can highly recommend Customs. You won't even need to learn a foreign language as a condition of employment (as in the BP) to enforce American laws.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.