Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice gun, good shooter. In my slide the firing pin hole was way low, had to raise it by installing a Clark offset firing pin bushing. Mags are Colt. Std loads are 170 LSWC over 4.2 VV310/5.1 VV320 at 1025 fps. Max loads are 170 LSWC over 11.2 VV105 at 1300 fps.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Had one a couple of years back. I didn't keep it very long, but I wish I had! Shot very well, as I recall. No malfunctions, but unfortunately I didn't put a lot of rounds through it. Got it cheap and let it go cheap. I didn't know any better at the time. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. If you have a good line on one, I'd suggest picking it up!

·
Registered
322 Posts
I've had one for about a year and a half. The stock recoil spring/guide set-up is suspect, but there are plenty of replacements. I've loaded everything from 135JHP[email protected], to cast [email protected], to [email protected] I'm not really sure what it's for, but I like it. I've had one failure to feed in ~1200 rounds, using four different bullets at all different power levels. Three Colt and three Mec-Gar mags, and they all work great. The gun doesn't seem to be the least bit finicky about ammo power or bullet shape, as long as it's loaded to 1.260".

·
Registered
500 Posts
I've had 4 of them. One was stolen of the UPS truck coming back from Colt. It couldn't hit the target at 10 yards. I sent it back to colt and it was stolen. Had 2 stainless Gold Cups which I liked alot but sold. I still have a blue Delta Elite that shoots great and I've never had a ftf. I dumped the 2 piece spring and put a FLGR in with a 24lb spring. Plus you could always put a 40 barrel in it and have plenty of choices to shoot. I use the colt factory mags without fail.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
On my website I've written 2 reviews on my Delta Elite; one for when it was stock and one after I got it back from BCP. Even bone stock it was an excellent pistol and darn reliable. I replaced the stock recoil setup with a FLGR, 24lb Wolff spring and CP buffer. For magazines I use either Colt 8-rounders with Wolff XP springs or CMC 9-rounders. Mine feeds Winchester 175gr STHP and Pro Load 180gr Gold Dots with no problems. So far the only load it has feed issues with is Pro Load 155gr Gold Dots.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i have one and it now has replaced my gold match as my favorite gun. it just feels "right" for me. i use colt mags, i ordered 1 CMC the other day and it doesnt do good, can only load 4-5 rounds in it and then it feels like the spring is binding or that the follower is hanging. im going to send it back to CMC and they'll make it right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm sorry, forgive me, I know this is a dirty
word. I am wondering if anyone has anything to say good or bad about an "IAI Javelina"?
It's a "long slide", 7" barrel, in stainless.
I've had this gun for years, and I love it. It just plane shoots! When I first recieved it,it would punch holes in the primers,chuck brass anywhere, shoot anywhere, and go on full auto when it wanted......I sent it back!! DUH. They fixed it. I've had not one problem since. Any comments?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
You are lucky to have it actually work, even with sending it back. Definitely a neat idea, though, since 10mm seems to benefit from all the barrel it can get.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have a blue Delta Elite. Nice pistol. It seems to run with the Federal H-S ammo I have on hand very reliably. It is waiting for my number to come up with Richard Heinie for a slight makeover. It will probably be given the Wave job, too. I am impatiently waiting for Dane to finish my son's and mine (somewhat) matching Kimbers so as to properly evaluate the front strap treatment. In the pix, the Wave gets raves from me, appearance-wise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.