Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I hadn't heard of them 'til Thursday...My shop had one and it looks good...Thought it might be one of Danes' secret weapons...:wink:

I liked it because it wasn't all smooth and lookin' like it's been drug through a sand pit...Kinda "edgy" lookin' business like...It would look good for a Leo on duty...Or for me anywhere...:wink:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Website really doesn't show the grips well enough either. It really looks nice, though I doubt the finish would last with carry.
it's also a little cheaper than the CDP, both of them being cheaper than a Gold Match. So, this gun, with adjustable night sights is ~150 cheaper than the Gold Match.
::shrug::

G

·
It's not a bad gun at all, I paid $850.00 for mine new in .45acp.
The finish reminds me of my "old" S&W Performance Center .356 TSW two tone pistols.
IT is not a black spray on but more of an anodizing or similar finish.
Accuracy is good to Ok and the checkering is fairly clean.
I had to crank the rear sight up to shoot to point of aim with my Black Hills 230gr GD+P rounds.
The grip is an ash color and I do like the polished flats with the "smoke" touch.
I have 1,100 rds through it and it has been very reliable, I am planning to have the trigger cleaned up as it has a slight creep and is rather heavy @ 4.5lbs.
I am not sure if it is the new safety system or the kimber beavertail that I dislike but I cannot get my hand high enough and I don't like the feel of the safety engagement.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I handled a new Eclipse a couple of weeks ago at a local gun shop. I wasn't really impressed with the looks or feel of the gun. Don't get me wrong, I like Kimber guns and own two others, but this one just didn't do anything for me. The edges and sights seemed too sharp. I'm sure with a little little work by Dane that I would change my mind.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
LOL...Just shows that it's a good thing to have apples and oranges...
That is EXACTLY what I liked about it. I don't care for the "melted" look that is the norm for their higher end carry pistols...I LIKE the sharp, businesslike look of it...
Of course, it's academic now...I wouldn't buy a Kimber right now...I have no confidence that they would do anything to help if that new pistol turned out to be a LEMON... :sad:

·
Registered
239 Posts
SVI has been doing this two tone stainless on their 1911's for a while. S&W Performance Center guns have also been featuring this finish. It looks cool, but the downside is that it'd be difficult to restore if you did any cutting on the finished parts.

G

·
I would have to agree with Hilton as my pistol has already developed some wear marks and scratches.
I have not used the .356TSWs in about 6 years as I put them away for collecting, so I know they are not an issue.

I am starting to rethink the finish choice(hardchrome anyone?).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.