Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
For the money, the Limited Edition Group Purchase (LEGP) from AR15.com can't be beat...

Damn, If it wasn't for CA, and their stupid laws, I'd have gotten one...

You essentially get a nice, functional Post-Ban M4gery. Of course, you'd still need to go out and spend a few hundred dollars stocking up on Mags and such, but the accessories package, discounted with the purchase of the LEGP is very tempting as well...

Consider this, Rock River is the primary manufacturer of the Rifle. They make great stuff, check out their 1911's.

If you tried to duplicate this with a Bushmaster, you'd spend another $100, easily.

A 16" carbine can be a fun plinker, and is definately capable of dispatching larger rodents, and predators out to 300 yards, although for distance work, I do prefer a 20" barrel, while the shorter ones are fun inside of 200 yards...

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
934 Posts
Ditto what jaydee said. If not in KA, I'd have bought one along with most of the accessories. I have a Rock River 16" flat top upper built on a PWA commando lower. That upper is one of the best I've encountered and this includes Colt's ARs.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yup Alex, we got the short end there... :sad:

Really bummed me out, but had I thought about it, I'd have ordered a couple and had my daughter in AZ, or Father-in-Law in UT take them and transfer them to me after I relocate this summer, probably still could, but the funds are tight as we prepare to sell the house.

I do want to upgrade the upper on my Pre-Ban CAR, and will have to take a look at the RR uppers again... I had all but made up my mind on building an M4, then saw a Bushies M4gery upper, and had started to waffle... Here we go again :grin:

·
Registered
934 Posts
jaydee,

For the price, I'd go with the RR. Nothing wrong with the Bushy, but unless you absolutely want the M4 profile, you can save some bucks with the RR and pickup some ammo or accessories with the money you save.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.