Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
The main thing I dislike with the AR-10 is the magazines, very pricey.
I think they shoot great, and run cool, easily disassembled and pretty ergonomic. They're pretty pricey, thought they have the Eagle Arms version out now.

·
Registered
378 Posts
The HK91's main problem is the makers. The clone's are questionable quality in general. Stick with a Springfield or HK and you're fine, otherwise be sure to check it over.

Parts are expensive and not as available as FAL. Mags are coming down somewhat, ~$20 sometimes. It get's pretty hot. It's heavy. Doesn't lock open on empty mag.

I like the grip the best (and actually have replaced my AR and FAL grips with Hine's copies of HK grips) I like the cocking lever best. I love the sights. Disassembly is pretty easy.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Might as welll add the FAL:
Cheap mags, cheap available parts. Lot's of good quality make's out there in clones.

Don't like the regular grip, sights suck, it's overall a thin gun with a big stupid knob sticking out from teh op rod, but I'm getting a folding one for that :smile:
I don't like an adjustable gas system, since the AR-10, HK91, and M-1A all seem to do quite well without it. Most times, you'll set the gas setting and never touch it again.
Oh, and the bi-pods for the HK and FAL are definetly a plus for a light portable weapon. For more match grade stuff, they don't take other bipods well.

I don't really like the feel of M-1a's, and haven't shot one, so I'll refrain from commenting there.

G

·
I asked the same question a couple month's ago.
Picked up and tried out a couple 308's
AR10T shot well. sub moa with 168 gold match good trigger.
Fal but it was a parts kit gun so not a fair comparison for accuracy. worked every time and mags are really cheap!
M1a NM ss barrel. shot very well. some 5/8 stuff. (curious about bipod affecting poi with the set up though?)
700 pss. 3/4"gun with gold match
HK 91. 1 1/2 moa gun was what I found day to day. good but not enough for far stuff.
Veper. worked every time. was hoping for moa have not attained that yet reliably.
I setteled on an SR 25. shot some 1/4 moa stuff with hand loads. 1/2 moa often at 400 and 500 yds.(fed gm again) week to week poi is within less than 1 moa cold hot clean dirty rainy. Poring out at 500 yds. was amazingly accurate. just over 1/2 moa. Pleant'y surprised.
With the floating handguard the bipod does not affect poi at all. went with the knights 2 stage trigger and well. YES! it is great.
no fail to anything with several different ammo's.
Lastly building another AR10T with some changes in the gas system and less room for the bolt in the barrel extension. should be 1/3 moa gun when it is done. I like em!
geo ><>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.