Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a Fowler Automatic Bullet Feeder on my 650. I had a terrible time getting it setup for 115 grain 38 super bullets.
I was wondering if anyone has gone through the same process and help me through the bumps of getting started. I saw it working on a 1050 and it worked great.
Any help provided would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
JP:

Where does the bullet feeder mount on? The removable turret or the frame of the 650? Can the calibers be changed readily without removal of the bullet feeder i.e. turret with dies and such? Curious as have not seen a picture of one.

Bear

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bear on 2001-08-10 20:29 ]</font>

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The unit, which looks like a bullet seater, mounts in the 3rd position on the die toolhead. You screw it into the position where you would normally install the powder check system.

I've set it up for 38 Super for now and it can be modified for any bullet for the 38 Super in less than 1 minute. However, if you wish to use it for other calibers, you would have to remove it from the tool head and re do all of the settings. I would guess once you get the hang of it, it would take someone about 10 minutes max. Loading the bullets into the tubes actually takes longer! It's pretty slick. I believe Emidio has a .jpg he can e-mail once he gets his e-mail going again.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks JP for the info. When he gets his email up I will have him send a picture. I don't load that many pistol calibers right now, just .357M and .45 ACP and usually do quite a few of one caliber and switch.

Appreciate your reply. I wasn't even aware these things existed except for Lee's and the top end (commercial) reloaders.

Bear

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bear on 2001-08-10 23:15 ]</font>

·
Registered
102 Posts
I recently took a piece of 1/2" Schedule 80 pvc pipe and a friend of mine machined the end of it down on a latheto the appropriate size to fit the casefeed adapter. The pipe is 35" long. It is still held by the factory support arm and now will hold 50 9mm casings compared to the original tube only holding 22 or so.
Yea, it isn't as great as a casefeeder from dillon but it didn't cost $180 either.
It is tough to reach the top of it if you are short. Works for me, happy reloading!
Shoot safe....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.