Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2 year old that needs a better cushion on dad's back :smile: Had a Kelty and it just is not a place I would want to sit if I was a kid going through the rough terrain...plus, it is so enclosed as to put them near heat stroke.

Anyone have a good one you can recommend?

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
My boy's are now 5 and 7 years old but from infants we used a Kelty with the adjustable seat for years and finally just gave it away and it still in good shape. I have carried my oldest in it, when he was a toddler wearing Patagonia fleece and Gortex, hiking the glaciers in Alaska (with my .44 mag on my hip) and our youngest hiking all over in Hawaii. They both enjoyed it although I would put a towel hanging over the side of the pack for padding when they slept. I don't know if the pack we had is the same one Kelty is selling now but I hope this helps and I will ask the other hikers out here if they know of any other pack you can check out.
Aloha Al

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.