Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience, good or bad, with the Barrett M99 .50 Cal./Swarovski scope combo? The M99 is the bull pup .50 Cal. and Swarovski makes a scope for Barrett .50's, one with mil-dots and one with a ranging reticle from 500-2000 meters. Any info would be appreciated...

·
Registered
988 Posts
The rifle is a good one, indeed. Mine has proven to be quite capable. The scope has an excellent reputation as well, although it is not the combo I use...but would not hesitate to do so.

·
Registered
988 Posts
David, I have used Leupold and US Optics on my 50's, but presently have the NightForce NXS 3.5-15x56 on the 99. Hate the fact that it has "Made in Japan" stamped on the bottom, but it is a very good piece of glass.

I like all 3, probably prefer the USO, but with consideration to cost, etc., Leupold is just darn hard to beat.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Barret light fifty

I use Leopold M-4 on my light fifty and it comes up to 1500+ yards uniformly . Although the function of my Barrett has been perfect I get the feeling the bolt guns are alot more accurrate. I bought it when it was the only kid on the block (that I knew about) . Had it accurized and the Leopold scope mounted about 7 years ago , can'/don't want to afford shooting alot sits sighted in in the safe with my son shooting occasionally to display it's God-like power to un believers. Hope he doesn't have to use it against Blue hats, as I think he would be severly out-gunned. So I am saving up to find a Davey Crocket for the side of my jeep. I believe it uses a .50 BMG spotting round for ranging. One of those puppies on my rockcrawler Jeep ought to keep the revenuers off the ranch, until they call :evil: in air support. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.