Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my shooting partner had picked up a Rock Island Armory 1911 from Pacific Arms Corp as it was inexpensive and he didn't want to spend a lot of bucks on a 1911. This Phillipine import was the least expensive option. After discussions with my pal Bill Laughridge at Cylinder & Slide it was on its way to Nebraska for an overhaul.

Dropped a few parts, a NM bushing, Kings drop-in GS and front sight, a drop-in Novak sight to use. C&S would install their drop-in 4.5 lb trigger kit and ambi safety, and fit all the parts. A long link was added and barrel crowned, ejection port lowered and flared; and the whole thing refinished. Nothing spectacular, except the way it shoots-9 rounds of 185gr LaserCastSWC atop 4.4grTitegroup

This is the factory barrel at 20m offhand Weaver Stance.

After deciding it worked fine we dipped into the parts from the prize table box to finish it; Nowlin Trigger, Brown Wedge Magwell, and carbon Creations Stocks. Most likely a trip back to C&S for proper Novaks or Heinies and a fitted grip safety will be required in the future

Not bad total invested was just over $850, pistol included, we did have a number of the parts. It shoots and goes bang what a deal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: abnranger on 2001-09-06 11:47 ]</font>

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry pic didn't show the first time.

Looks nice Scott.

Mike

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Myates on 2001-09-05 21:12 ]</font>

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry we didn't have anything fancy or exotic done. My training partner just wanted a 1911 to have, as his duty piece is a G23. Yes, much of what was done was something that could be done at home, but fitting the bushing and barrel; we wanted it done right.

If and when Joe send this 1911 back to C&S, photos will be posted of the finished product. Joe didn't want to tie up more than $900, and we came in under that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.